This house was built for Sir Rowland Winn in the 1770s, with enlargements in 1822 and 1862 (possibly by William Fowler of Winterton).
In 1885 Rowland Winn MP (grandson of Sir Rowland) was created Baron St Oswald and he occupied the house until his death in 1893.
The Winn family sold the contents of the house in 1928; a fire destroyed much of the house in 1933; and it was finally demolished during World War 2.
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach and R Pacey's book, 'Lost Lincolnshire Country Houses: Volume 2', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.