View from A17 lay-by with church 0.5 km to the northeast.
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Andrew is a small structure of stone in the Late Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, south porch, and a stone tower of extraordinary size and height, with spire and containing 4 bells:
the chancel retains a piscina and locker, and there is a piscina in the south aisle:
the tower and spire, added in the Perpendicular period, are very striking but completely dwarf the church; the former has a rich parapet, with lozenge shaped panels and four tall pinnacles with singular crocketed flying buttresses:
the spire is also crocketed and has two tiers of louvre lights:
on the western splay of the chancel door is a curious but roughly cut outline of a chalice and wafer; on the north side is a monument to Cecily, wife of Samuel Sutton, rector, 1680, and on the south side a brass inscription to John Butler of Baketon,1603, with arms and crest:
the church was restored in 1870, when an oak pulpit was presented by Bruce Tomlinson esq. :
there are 100 sittings"
DB 21 March 2020