This hall was built in 1595 for the King family and recased in the 19th century.
It was tenanted as a house in the nineteenth century but also used for a period as a girls’ school.
After wartime occupation by the army and a period of dereliction, it opened as a country club in 1961 (as shown in this photograph.)
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach's book, 'Lincolnshire Country Houses and their Families: Part 1', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.