Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Barnetby
 
Barnetby le Wold, Methodist Chapel
Barnetby le Wold, Methodist Chapel
Barnetby le Wold, Methodist Chapel

The Wesleyan Methodists have had a chapel in West Street since 1830.

The present building was opened in 1879 to which were added schoolrooms in the early twentieth century.

August 2018

Barnetby le Wold, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Barnetby le Wold, Methodist Chapel
Barnetby le Wold, Methodist Chapel
Barnetby le Wold, Methodist Chapel

The stone over the entrance to the chapel porch reads 'Wesleyan Chapel'. No date is given.

August 2018

Barnetby le Wold,
Barnetby le Wold, St Mary
Barnetby le Wold, St Mary
Barnetby le Wold, St Mary

St Mary’s - the "Old Church" at Barnetby - stands on the hillside above the town.

The church has a low Norman tower, a late 11th century nave and a 13th century chancel – all with later alterations.

The furnishings and the west gallery are early 19th century.

It is cared for by the Churches Conservation Trust.

May 2011

Barnetby le Wold, St Mary
Barnetby le Wold, St Mary
Barnetby le Wold, St Mary
Barnetby le Wold, St Mary

The Norman tower of the Old Church at Barnetby is constructed of chalk and ironstone, and, along with the nave, has been partially rendered.

Substantial buttresses have been inserted to support the south wall of the nave.

May 2011

Barnetby le Wold, St Mary, chalk
Barnetby le Wold, Windmill
Barnetby le Wold, Windmill
Barnetby le Wold, Windmill

This was originally a four-storey tower mill, driven by four sails and built in the early nineteenth century. It is listed Grade II.

Location of mill: TA 066 097

Peter Kirk Collection, 1998
Barnetby le Wold, windmill, Peter Kirk