A 17th century L-shaped house with brick and stone bands on the north front.
The Dovecote is dated 1802.
H D Martineau c.1980
This is an early tower mill, probably built in the very early years of the nineteenth century.
Jon Sass Collection, undated photograph
The sails from Hudson's Mill were removed in 1915 but it carried on under engine power until the 1930s. It is Grade II listed.
Location of mill: TF 116 132
Baston is a village of some 1500 people on the edge of the Fens between Bourne and Market Deeping. The busy A15 passes through the edge of the village.
An Anglo-Saxon cemetery of funerary urns was discovered here in 1851.
undated postcard, probably 1920s
The church of St John the Baptist has 14th century nave arcades within, while externally the church has work from the 14th to the 19th centuries.
The three stage ashlar tower dates from the 15th century.
The porch with its niche and pinnacles, like the ornamented west end of the south aisle may date from c1403 when a chapel of St Mary was created.
The elaborate niche over the south porch may have held a pieta.