Temple Belwood, on the eastern edge of Belton (Isle of Axholme), took its name from its original owners, the Knights Templar.
William Johnson replaced an Elizabethan house with a new building (shown here) in 1787. The architect was Samuel Foster.
It was developed as a boarding house by new owners in 1900 and later as a school.
The walled kitchen garden is the principal survivor of this substantial house.
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach and R Pacey's book, 'Lost Lincolnshire Country Houses: Volume 1', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.