Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Brothertoft
 
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School

The first school at Brothertoft was built by Thomas Gee of Brothertoft Hall in 1856 and Elizabeth Arlam was the first school mistress.

This school, known as Hedgehog Bridge School, opened in 1881 and closed in December 1969. It is now in use as the Village Hall.

OR, are we mistaken, and is this actually Barley Sheaf School, which opened 1882 and closed 1969?

July 2017

Brothertoft,
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School
Brothertoft, Old School

Another view of the former primary school one mile south-east of Langrick Bridge on the B1192.

July 2017

Brothertoft, old school
Brothertoft, St Gilbert
Brothertoft, St Gilbert
Brothertoft, St Gilbert

A Victorian church that merits very few words in Pevner's book on Lincolnshire churches.

It was rebullt using some medieval masonry by Stephen Lewin in 1847 (nave) and 1854 (chancel).

Peter Kirk Collection, 1993

Brothertoft, St Gilbert, Stephen Lewin
Langrick Ferry, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Langrick Ferry, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Langrick Ferry, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

The new chapel, opened in 1868, was immediately across the road from its predecessor (1861-68).

The building ceased to be used as a chapel in 1990 and was sold three years later, before conversion to a store shed.

It is located at NGR TF 266 476 in Holland Fen with Brothertoft parish.

Barry Barton, 1980

Brothertoft, Langrick Ferry Wesleyan Methodist Chapel