"The school was built as a National School in 1858, replacing a school held in the vestry of the parish church, and was enlarged in 1893.
Senior children were transferred to other schools from January 1923.
The school was closed on 21 July 1983, with the children transferred to Brant Broughton CE Junior School, Brant Broughton Methodist School, Bassingham County Primary School, and secondary schools"
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1876 states that Lord Middleton gave the school an annual gratuity of £15. Lord Middleton was lord of the manor and principal landowner.
DB 13 June 2018