Viewed from public footpath to the north. Kelly's Directory 1913 reads :-
"The church of St. Lucia, rebuilt on a new site given by the late T. R. Buckworth esq. of Cockley Cley Hall, Norfolk, was consecrated January, 1864, and is an edifice in the Norman style, consisting of chancel, nave, vestry, south porch and a bell gable containing 2 bells:
of the old Norman and Early English church all that now remains serves as the chancel arch of the new building:
a gracefully ornamented Norman stoup, on a shaft, is used as a font:
there are 60 sittings"
DB 30 January 2022