Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states
"The church was thoroughly restored in 1887-8, under the direction of the late Sir A.W. Blomfield kt. M.A., A.R.A., F.S.A. at a cost of over £3,000, chiefly defrayed by the Welby family and the rector; the work included a new oak roof to the chancel (which retains its sedilia) and carved oak choir stalls and lectern.
The fragments of ancient glass scattered in the windows of the north aisle have been carefully collected, and are now placed in one of the chancel windows.
The chancel screen has also been thoroughly restored, and a new organ, costing nearly £600, presented by Major Welby"
DB 16 September 2018
Denton, Saint Andrew, Church, Sir A.W. Blomfield, Major Welby