Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Chad is an ancient building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles and an embattled western tower containing 6 bells:
there is a monument with kneeling figure to Robert Grantham, ob. 1616:
the church was restored in 1856 at a cost of about £600, and in 1902 was partially restored, an organ chamber and vestry added, and a stained east window erected at the expense of the late Rev. C. T. Swan LL.B:
the carved oak rood screen was erected in 1913 by Capt. Stevenson in memory of his wife:
there are 220 sittings"
DB 23 March 2020