A Free school was founded in the village in 1719. In 1874 a new school building was opened and it took children from Miningsby as well as East Kirkby.
New buildings (seen here) were opened in 1973 and children from Old Bolingbroke were added. It was known as the Gregory Croft CE (Aided) Primary School.
Because of a falling roll the school closed in July 1989.
Note: The school was named for the charitable endowment made by Gregory Croft and Margaret his wife on 16 May 1719.