"The school was built in 1896 as East Stockwith Board School, by the East Stockwith and Walkerith United District School Board, formed in that year.
It became East Stockwith Council School in 1903, and, East Stockwith County Primary School in c.1947.
Between 19 May and 6 October 1947, the school was based in the buildings of the former East Ferry School while essential work was carried out (presumably linked to the water damage to pre-1947 documents.)
Senior children were transferred to Gainsborough Ropery Road School from 10 September 1947.
The school was closed on 17 July 1970, with the children transferred to Gainsborough North County Primary School"
DB 29 December 2018