Fillingham, St Andrew, memorial
On the wall of the chancel of St Andrew's Fillingham is this marble tablet inscribed as follows:
In the center of this chancel/ are deposited the remains of/ DAME ESTHER WRAY/ and in the same vault with those/ of her consort/ Sir CECIL WRAY Bart./ She died at Summer Castle/ on the 1st day of Feby 1825 in the/ eighty ninth year of her age.
Sir Cecil Wray, 13th baronet and politician, built Fillingham (or Summer) Castle in 1760. Dame Esther's maiden name was Summers.
Fillingham, St Andrew church