Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1885 states
"The Temperance Hall, erected by subscription in 1871, at a cost of £1,500, is a substantial red brick building, situate in Spital Terrace :
it is a commodious and well-arranged structure, and has two large rooms, one of which, the Hall, will seat 750 people; it has a gallery, also a stage with retiring rooms, to which a private entrance gives access :
at the front of the building, over the principal entrance, is a lecture room (wherein the Good Templars hold their meetings), capable of accommodating 750 people:
during the winter session courses of lectures are given in the Hall:
it is also for general public meetings, musical and other entertainments"
Now used by St John Ambulance, Gainsborough Unit.
Who was Fanny Craven?
DB 19 June 2018