The Methodist chapel in Garthorpe was enlarged in 1883 and an adjoining Sunday School (on the left) was built in 1888.
The chapel closed in 2010 and has recently been for sale.
St Mary's church in Garthorpe is built of red brick laid in English Bond.
Simple limestone dressings are used at the heads, sills and mullions of windows.
There is tiny bell cote in the form of an open timber-framed canopy at the west end of the building.
The small red brick church of St Mary was built in 1913 by Wilfrid Bond.
The chancel ceiling still carries its original decoration of 1913.
The date stone (1913) of the church is at low level on the face of a buttress midway along the south wall.
The simple, uncluttered interior of St Mary's appears to have retained all the original furnishing and decoration.
Original cast-iron water head or hopper on the south side of the church.