A small and peaceful church in beautiful Wold country.
St Peterís in the hamlet of Gayton-le-Wold is of red brick and dated 1889.
It is virtually identical to Stenigot St Nicholas and is presumably by the same architect.
Mark Acton, 2012
This church is close to the Louth-Wragby road in the heart of the Wolds.
The red bricks of St Peter's are laid in English Garden Wall bond with 3 rows of stretchers between rows of headers.
The roofs of nave and chancel have been renewed in concrete tiles; the porch roof has attractive shaped slates.
Church website states that Saint Peters "is a small brick building, restored in 1888 when a west porch was added, with seating for around 50 people".
Paired lancet windows with plate tracery.
DB 5 February 2014
Of recent years a Snowdrop Festival Weekend has been held every February.
DB 14 February 2015