Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Benedict is an ancient edifice of stone, in the Early Norman, Early English and later styles, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, north aisle, south porch and a low wooden belfry on the western gable containing 3 bells:
the south doorway is Early Norman, the next earliest feature being the Early English arcade:
the chancel, restored in 1880, is Decorated throughout, the east window being a remarkably fine specimen of the style, with elaborate tracery in the head :
in the jamb of one of the windows is a curious recess, with a little pillar at the angle, serving as a canopy to a piscina within:
there are also three sidilia, an aumbry and two brackets:
the nave was restored in 1881, and the total cost of both restorations amounted to £57I 12s. 6d.:
there are 140 sittings:
in the churchyard stands the base of an ancient cross.
The register dates from the year 1561.
The living is a discharged rectory, united with that of Roughton, joint net yearly value £300, including 383 acres of glebe, in the gift of and held since 1913 by the Rev. Henry Cecil Marriott Spurrier M.A. of Pembroke College, Oxford, who resides at Roughton"
DB 21 January 2019