Kelly's Directory 1919 has :-
"The church of All Saints, built in 1860 (in place of a temporary church used when All Hallows church had gone to ruin), is an edifice of red brick with stone dressings in the Early English Lancet style, consisting of chancel, nave, south aisle, south porch and a western tower with broach spire and dormer lights containing one bell:
the stained east window is a memorial to the Rev. J. F. Smith B. D. a former rector, d. May, 1871, and was erected by his widow; there are other memorial windows to Col. Bonar Millet Deane, 2nd son of the Rev. George Deane, late rector of Bighton, who fell in South Africa at the battle of Laings Nek, Jan. 28, 1881, and to Lieut. Evan Cowper Smith, son of the Rev. J. F. Smith, a former rector, who died of fever while serving in Afghanistan, July 26, 1880, aged 19, and also a memorial brass erected by Mrs. Cowper Smith to her son Capt. Arthur Monro Cowper Smith, who died 28th Sept. 1898, of injuries received in a grass fire while shooting big game on the Pungwe river:
there are 169 sittings"
DB 3 June 2022