The greenstone tower is largely 19th century, though the west window and the crocketed pinnacles are from the medieval church.
St Mary’s was largely rebuilt in 1854, using the greenstone masonry of the medieval church.
Inside, the tower arch and the 3 bay arcade are 15th century work retained from the earlier building.
The Perpendicular style tracery of the east window is 19th century.
The tower of St Mary's church viewed from narrow approach road and through the fine wrought iron gateway.
The north arcade is early 15th century.
The chancel and the furnishings are all 19th century.