Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Bartholomew is a building of stone in the Norman and Perpendicular styles, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, supported on three fine arches and containing 3 bells:
the font is ancient:
in 1858 the north aisle was new roofed and the interior generally renovated:
in 1898 the south aisle was new roofed, refloored and reseated, the north and east walls of the chancel rebuilt and a new roof put on:
the reredos was presented by the Rev. W. A. H. Thorold M.A. Rector of Stainby 1877-1905 and 1908-9:
there are 200 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1566.
The living is rectory, net yearly value £390, including 66 acres of glebe, with residence, built in 1847, in the gift of Christ's College, Cambridge, and held since 1918 by the Rev. Arthur Kaye Bowstead M.A. of that college"
DB 18 February 2019