"Rail and road rolling lift bridge. 1912-16.
C A Rowlandson and J B Ball, engineers, Sir William Arrol and Company, contractors, for the Great Central Railway. Minor later alterations.
Carries a double track railway on the wider southern section, with a double carriageway road on the north side ...
At the time of construction Keadby was one of the first Scherzer bridges in Britain, the heaviest and longest in Europe, and the first anywhere with 3 girders.
A plaque formerly on the eastern approach parapet recorded the opening on May 21 1916 by the chairmen of the railway company and Lindsey County Council who contributed towards the cost of providing for a road section.
Not lifted since 1956"
Geoff Swain Collection 17 August 1993