Kelly's Directory 1919 reads :-
"The church of SS. Peter and Paul is an edifice of white brick, rebuilt in 1809, consisting of chancel, nave and an ancient embattled western stone tower containing 3 bells; the upper portion of the tower is Perpendicular:
the stained east window was inserted in 1874, in memory of the Rev. George James Atkinson, rector from 1836:
there are two other memorial windows, and several mural tablets, one of which, in the east wall of the chancel to John Becke, priest, is dated 1597:
a new organ, font and pulpit have been presented to the church ; the latter, of carved black oak, is probably of the 16th century, and of French workmanship:
there are 250 sittings"
DB 15 May 2022