Langton by Horncastle, St Margaret
Apart from a medieval north wall with evidence of a lost arcade, the church of St Margaret in Langton by Horncastle dates from 1890.
Its font is made up of fragments from Kirkstead Abbey and a former church in Horncastle. The pulpit and lectern were carved by J. Conway Walter, Rector in 1891.
There is a rare chrismatory, used to sprinkle a child with salt and oil before baptism, which was found in a moat.
Mark Acton, 2013
See more images of this church
Langton By Horncastle, St Margaret, Conway Walter, chrismatory, Kirkstead Abbey