"St Helenís dates from 12th century, with the North aisle added in 1380.
The tower was rebuilt in 1500 and contained various numbers of bells from about 1553. There is presently a peal of six, which are rung regularly.
The quarter chiming clock was a gift to the parish of Lea in 1814.
Between the Choir and the North aisle is a mediaeval tomb to Sir Roger Trehampton, one of the Knights Templar.
The church was partially restored in 1849 by J.L. Pearson"
Peter Kirk Collection, 28 April 1991
Lea, St Helen church, Sir Roger Trehampton, J.L. Pearson