Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. Swithin is a building of stone in the Late Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, aisles, north and south porches and an embattled western tower with octagonal pinnacles and a beautiful crocketed spire, adorned with fine louvre lights:
the tower contains 6 bells with chimes and an excellent clock, put up at a cost of £400 by Philip Reeve esq.:
there are piscinae in the chancel and north and south aisles, and the stair to the rood loft also remains on the north side:
the stained east window was executed in Flanders, and placed here in 1827 by the Rev. Thomas Brown, a former rector; in 1880 the lower part of the window was filled with glass in memory of the Rev. Offley Smith M.A. rector from 1843, and his mother, and there are seven other stained windows:
the massive north and south double doors are of local workmanship, as is also the new lych gate, erected in 1897 as a memorial to the late Lieut. Col. John Reeve, d. 1897:
in 1830 the church was thoroughly repaired, and was reseated with open oak sittings in 1861, and has now 450 sittings"
DB 21 May 2018