Photograph of Edward Trollope displayed in the south aisle.
The Church Guide states :-
"By 1665 the church was in such a ruinous state that it was unfit to use and permission was granted to take down the derelict chancel and use the stone to repair the nave.
By 1863 the church was still without chancel or vestry the roof leaking, doors decaying, spire in need of restoration and the tower arch blocked with masonry.
In winter, "the more delicate parishioners were unable to attend divine service, others contracted illnesses"
We owe much of the present building to the Right Reverend Edward Trollope (related to the author of that name) who was Rector of Leasingham for fifty years holding this in plurality as Archdeacon of Stow from 1867 and as Bishop of Nottingham from 1877.
His memorial cross stands in the church yard.
Under his direction the nave roof was rebuilt at a greater height and the chancel added with a lean-to vestry"
DB 16 July 2019