Lincoln, Wesley Chapel, Clasketgate
The Wesleyan Chapel on Clasketgate was built in 1836 to cater for the growing popularity of Methodism in the City.
Designed by W A Nicholson in neo-classical style, and with a grand entrance portico, the chapel could seat 1400 people.
Affectionately known as ‘Big Wesley’, it was for many years the largest Wesleyan church in Lincoln. It was closed in 1961 and demolished two years later.
Photograph from the book to mark the chapel's centenary, 1936.
Chapels, Lincoln, Big Wesley, Clasketgate