Church viewed from the northeast. Kelly's Directory 1885 states that :-
"The church of St. Peter is an ancient brick and stone building, consisting of chancel and nave, covered with a thatched roof, and a small turret containing 1 bell.
The register dates from the year 1558.
The living is a vicarage, consolidated with the rectory of Hannah-cum-Hagnaby, joint net yearly value, from 119 acres of glebe £280 with residence, in the gift of Charles Langton Massingberd esq. J.P. of Gunby Hall, and the Rev. E. H. Edman M.A. rector of Thornton le-Moor, near Caistor, Lincolnshire, alternately, and held since 1881 by the Rev. Arthur Smyth M.A., LL.B. of Trinity College, Dublin".
DB 5 September 2021