White's Directory of Lincolnshire 1856 states :-
"Wm. Gilliat, Esq., J. W. Floyer, Esq., and the Clinton family, own nearly all the parish; and the two former gentlemen have neat houses here, and are patrons of the Church (St Michael,) which is a venerable thatched fabric.
The rectory, valued in K.B. at £6. 4s. 3d., and now at £144, is in the incumbency of the Rev St George Kirke, B.A., of Woodhall Lodge"
Unfortunately the thatched roof referred to has been replaced by slate.
DB 24 August 2019