Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states
The church of SS. Peter and Paul, supposed to have been rebuilt soon after 1363, by John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, then owner of Bolingbroke Castle, is an ancient building in the Decorated style, consisting of nave of four bays, north aisle, south porch with a western tower, with eight pinnacles, containing 6 bells, 5 of which were presented in 1898 by Miss Marion Hairby Wingate, in memory of members of the Wingate family and the other in commemoration of the Diamond Jubilee of Her late Majesty Queen Victoria.
in 1889-90 the church was restored and the north aisle rebuilt at a cost of £3,000, under the direction of the late Mr. J. Fowler, architect, of Louth, and now affords 250 sittings.
DB 26 October 2018