Methodist Chapel on Normanby Road, Owmby by Spital, was built in 1903 and in
use as a doctor’s surgery when this photograph was taken.
Pearl Wheatley, 2010
Entrance to the church is through the unbuttressed Norman tower with Early English work higher up.
Roofing materials: nave - pantile; chancel - slate; north aisle - lead.
This view of SS Peter and Paul from the south-east shows the unfortunate mixture of roof materials and the stark cement rendering on the vestry.
SS Peter & Paul has a 3-bay Norman north arcade dating from c 1200.
The chancel was rebuilt in 1808 but reuses a late 13th century east window with geometrical tracery.
In contrast the east window of the north aisle has intersecting tracery.
The 3-bay north arcade of c.1200 has round piers, with square abaci and crude stiff leaf decoration.
Font "is made from reused sections of a massive drum pillar, quite out of scale with anything which survives, and of uncertain date.
The topmost section is probably a reused and inverted capital of which one plain volute survives"
DB 20 May 2018
First world war memorabilia, and poppies in art and textiles, on display for West Lindsey Churches Festival.
C19 chancel arch.
"The east window is late C13 with 3 lights, geometric tracery, trefoil heads, 2 cinquefoil and one trefoil in the head of the window"
Glass dates from 1958.