Skendleby, Giants Hill, Long Barrow
This is all that remains of the Giants Hills Neolithic long barrow.
The principal remaining barrow is 200ft (60m) long and 5ft (1.5m) high at TF 428711.
Excavation in the 1930s revealed a timber enclosure and the skeletons of eight individuals. Construction of the barrow began in about 3000 BC, with use continuing for about 1000 years.
Two other barrows were originally nearby - four more survive in this part of the Wolds.
Frank Robinson, 2010
Skendleby, long barrow, neolithic, Giants Hill,