To Henry Thorold¹, the church of St Nicholas in Skirbeck had 'a flavour of Great Expectations, with its Victorian gravestones and solitary lamp, close to the Bank of the Witham'.
The building is largely Early English and Decorated, though the north aisle dates from 1875 and the chancel from 1933. The pulpit and font are seventeenth-century.
¹ Thorold, Henry, 1993. Lincolnshire Churches Revisited. Michael Russell
Mark Acton, 2011