The Church of England built this mission church near the centre of the village in 1862.
From the outset it served as the village school and was reorganised for divine worship on Sundays.
The building ceased to be used as school and church in the late 1950s.
The church was part of the benefice of Willoughby and came under the care of the rector of that parish.
Jean Howard, April 2021