Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
South Kyme
 
South Kyme, Kyme Tower
South Kyme, Kyme Tower
South Kyme, Kyme Tower

Mid C14 fortified tower house built for Sir Gilbert de Umfraville. The attached house was demolished between 1720 and 1725.

DB 18 September 2011

South Kyme, Tower, Sir Gilbert de Umfraville
South Kyme, Priory Church
South Kyme, Priory Church
South Kyme, Priory Church

South Kyme church lies in an adjacent field to the fourteenth-century tower built by Sir Gilbert de Umfraville.

The church is a fragment of an Augustinian priory founded in the twelfth-century, though heavily restored by Hodgson Fowler in 1890.

A Norman doorway survives in the porch and Anglo-Saxon remains can be found in the north wall at the east end.

Locked but keyholders are listed.

Mark Acton, 2014

South Kyme, priory church, Hodgson Fowler, Gilbert de Umfraville, Augustinian
South Kyme, St Mary & All Saints
South Kyme, St Mary & All Saints
South Kyme, St Mary & All Saints

A much altered fragment of the Augustinian Priory which once stood on this site. 

DB 18th September 2011

South Kyme, Augustinian