In common with several churches built by Fowler, St Edith's has a bellcote over the west gable and windows with plate tracery in Early English style.
Jews' Court collection, 1978
The church was constructed in rock-faced stone.
At the time of this photograph the church was already redundant; it was demolished in 1983.
St Edith's church was built by James Fowler, the Louth architect, in 1864-65.
The style was typical of the period, Early English with plate tracery in the windows.
postcard, early 20th century, courtesy David Start
St Edith's was in a prominent position alongside the main road through the village (A157).
undated photograph, courtesy Jean Howard
The 1879 Wesleyan chapel in South Reston replaced an earlier building of 1837. It closed for worship in 2006.
Image from a postcard sent from South Reston to Withern in 1908.