Barr Green Mill or Shaw’s Mill is a small tower mill (three floors) which was built in 1820 and stands close to the A16.
Jon Sass Collection, undated photograph
Milling ceased here in the 1950s. The tower is Grade II listed.
Location of mill: TF 346 589
Peter Kirk Collection, 1998
The first chapel here in Fen House Lane was erected in 1854 at a cost of £120.
In 1883 a second chapel was built alongside the first; it closed in 1919 and was sold three years later.
Both chapel buildings survive after conversion, the first as a store and the second as a dwelling.
They are located at NGR TF 357 599.
The two chapel buildings survive well into the 21st century, still largely intact and unmodified externally.
Another view of the chapels. The protective 'Heras' fencing around the site suggests that development or demolition is imminent.
The date plaque (1834) on the main facade of the older red brick chapel.
The school opened as a National School in 1846, and later became a Board School administered by the Stickford Board School, formed on 20 September 1872.
The village primary school was transferred to Lindsey County Council in 1903 as Stickford
Council School, and became a Stickford County School, c1947.
was reorganised in the Summer of 1949, with senior pupils transferred to
the Stickney Secondary Modern School.
The school was closed on 18 July
The date plaque near the entrance to the former Stickford Primary School.
The tower of St Helen's is Perpendicular. Much of the exterior is the work of the ubiquitous James Fowler of Louth in 1853.
Mark Acton, 2017
The fifteenth century tower of St Helen's church is a dominant feature in the village - alongside the former A16.
View from the south-east. Most of the church was reconstructed in 1881.
A fine piece of decorative stone carving on the wall of the south porch.
A finely decorated corbel beneath the chancel arch (Victoran).
Each of the eight panels surrounding the font are decorated with quatrefoils.
Looking east towards the chancel. The north arcade had quatrefoil piers; those in the south arcade are octagonal.
Poppy head on a pew end, medieval in style but the crisp cut of the carving suggests it is Victorian.
The First World War memorial to the fallen of the village.
The chapel for the Wesleyans was also built in Fen House Lane.
The first service took place in 1867 and it remained in use until 2002.
It is located at NGR TF 358 600
Barry Barton, 1978
The former chapel has been adapted as a residence but the external features remain unchenged.
Date plaque high in the gable of the former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel.