Village water pump.
DB 17 May 2018
"Former school and school house, now house. 1840. By William Burn"
DB 17 May 2018
Standing in attractive parkland, this is a substantial church with features from much of the medieval period, the earliest work being the 12th and 13th century nave arcades.
The base of the tower may date from the eleventh century.
"The east wall has a central 3 light window rebuilt 1936, and is flanked by the broad traceried windows of the Rochford chantries"
This capital over a pillar in the north arcade is from early 13th century.
Capital in the south arcade, dating from the early 13th century.
Parish chest in the nave at St Mary and St Andrew.
"The east wall has a central 3 light window rebuilt 1936"
Glass is dedicated to Richard Todd Ellison, 2nd Life Guards.
"He served in the army as a captain in the 2nd Life Guards and then as a Major in the
Life Guards Reserve Regiment (1915-1916).
A recollection of the battle at Mons
specifically mentions him being one of the first officers into action.
He survived the
war and on his return to Grantham, became a Magistrate for Lincolnshire and
belonged to several London clubs including Boodles"
The font cover has three tiers of painted panels depicting the birth and childhood of Christ.
It was painted by Jesse Bayes.
Monument to Sir Edmund Turnor (1619-1707) and his wife Margaret (nee Harrison) (1627-1679).
Formerly of Milton Ernest, Bedfordshire, he was the first of the Turnors to occupy Stoke Rochford Hall.
Monument to Henry Cholmeley, 1641.
In the north chapel, the effigies of a couple under a blanket, dated early 14th century.
Saxon Cross in churchyard - scheduled ancient monument.
Built for Christopher Turnor by William Burn in 1844. The style is described by Pevsner as Jacobethan.
"1834. By Cornelius Sherbourne for Sir Christopher Turnor"
Obelisk standing in Stoke Rochford park north west of the Hall.
"Obelisk. 1847. Probably by William Burn"
Built by Charles Turnor in honour of Sir Isaac Newton.
Panel east side of the obelisk "recording that it was built in 1847 by Charles Turnor, Prebendary of Lincoln, in honour of Sir Isaac Newton who was born nearby at Woolsthorpe Manor"
"Archway. 1676, re-erected in C19 as landscape ornament to Stoke Rochford Park for Sir Christopher Turnor"
"Thought to have come from the stable block of the earlier house"