Former rectory now a private house.
Pevsner states "1857 by David Brandon".
DB 28 August 2018
Stone from Subton School re-sited in the churchyard wall.
Kelley's Directory of Lincolnshire 1876 states that Miss Birch was mistress of the National School.
"G.N." is presumably George Nevil J.P. of Stubton Hall
DB 28 August 2018
On a mound just outside the churchyard wall.
The inscription is weathered but part of it reads :-
"SIR ROBERT HERON BART
THE LAST OF HIS FAMILY"
The church of St Martin in Stubton was built on a new site between 1799 and 1800, supposedly because its medieval predecessor was too near the Hall.
The unsympathetic rock-faced chancel was added in 1869 when the nave windows were Gothicised and the Georgian character of the interior removed.
Mark Acton, 2016
"Ashlar west tower of 1799 with moulded plinth, 2 stages with flat stone string course"
Church viewed from Brandon Road to the north.
Rectangular vestry visible to the west of the tower.
Chancel was rebuilt 1869 in memory of William Seymour Hampson.
The chancel was rebuilt 1869 and the stained glass is of this date.
In memory of William Hampson who died June 8th 1868.
"C19 octagonal font"
Gallery at west end with organ by Cousans, Sons & Co.
Unusual columnar gravestone dated 1801.
Interior view from the gallery looking east,
Interior view looking west.
Metal plaque external south nave wall stating :-
"THIS CHURCH WAS ERECTED
IN THE YEAR 1799 BY
"Plaque attached to south front inscribed "This house was erected by Robert and Amelia Heron in the years 1813 and 1814.
"Jeffery Wyatt, Architect""
From 1952 to 2003 the house became a school for children with learning difficulties or behavioural problems.
First known as Stubton Hall Boarding Special (ESN) School, then as Stubton Hall Boarding School and finally Stubton Hall School.
It is now a hotel and wedding venue.
DB 24 September 2018