The lake lies between the parish church of St Helen and Swinhope House, the historic home of the Alingtons.
Swinhope Hall, home of the Alingtons, can be seen across a lake from the churchyard. The church of St Helen dates largely to the thirteenth-century.
The graveyard could do with some attention.
Mark Acton, 2014
View of St Helen's church from the west.
The entrance has quatrefoiled piers of the thirteenth century.
St Helen's church from the south-east.
The baptistery of 1860 has replaced the south aisle.
The nave and chancel are in one structure. The restoration of 1860 is evident.
Monument on the north wall of the chancel to Frances Alington, d 1828, and her cousin Revd Henry Alington d 1826.
(E Gaffin made the monument.)
The east elevation of this house of 1785, formerly know as Swinhope Hall.
It is built of stock brick with a slated hipped roof. It is listed Grade 2.
Pearl Wheatley, 2012