Thornton, St Wilfrid, Interior
Looking west towards the font.
Kelly's Directory 1930 reports "The church of St. Wilfrid, restored in 1890 under the superintendence of the late Mr. Ewan Christian, architect, at a cost of £1,003, is a building of stone, consisting of a new chancel, nave and south porch, and has one bell : in the church are numerous wrought iron hat pegs dating from the early part of the last century : there are 8o sittings"
DB 15 April 2022
Thornton by Horncastle, St Wilfrid church