The bridge over the Trent at Torksey for the MSLR was designed by John Fowler and opened in 1850.
It is the second oldest girder bridge of its type left in the world. It is made of wrought iron box-girders which are structurally continuous over the central pier.
The line finally closed in 1988.
This view is from the north-west.