Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Tumby Woodside
 
Tumby Woodside, Railway Station
Tumby Woodside, Railway Station
Tumby Woodside, Railway Station

Opened with what was known as the ‘New Line’, between Coningsby Junction and Bellwater Junctions, in 1913, the line and station closed in 1970.

Serving such a rural area it unusually became a terminus for some trains in the year before closure.

There were three trains calling here from Lincoln to Skegness with a further three, to and from Lincoln, terminating here.

Peter Grey Archive, 1970

Tumby Woodside, railway station
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

This, the second chapel on the site, was opened in 1897 and remained in active use through to the twenty-first century.

It is located at NGR TF 264512 in Tumby parish.

Barry Barton, 1977
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel

The chapel closed for worship in 2004 and now appears to be in the process of conversion to a house.

May 2018

Tumby Woodside, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel