The Society for Promoting the Enlargement, Building and Repair of Churches and Chapels was formed in 1818 and incorporated in 1828.
Withcall received a grant of £50 in 1861 (the church was completed in 1862).
A view of the chancel and semi-circular apse of All Hallows.
The ironstone and limestone church of All Hallows stands on the hillside above the village.
It was built in 1862 by James Fowler in early Gothic style.
The polygonal bell-cote at the west end of the church is "roguishly" corbelled out (Pevsner) - the work of James Fowler of Louth in 1862.
The view from the south shows the whole of Fowler's composition of 1862.
A closer view of the elaborate bell cote.
The Grimsby to Wold Newton turnpike act was passed in 1765.
This iron milestone still stands at the roadside, 2 furlongs north of the village of Wold Newton.
Frank Robinson, December 2014