Site of Great Humby Hall in a field immediately to the north of the chapel.
"Next to the chapel stood Great Humby Hall. Built in the 13th century it became a larger hall by the 17th, the probable date it was pulled down"
A notice displayed on the chapel noticeboard in part reads :-
"Sir William Brownlow resided at the Hall, now destroyed, and died there, 14 December 1666. In his time there was a rebuilding of the Chapel, and externally it was made as we see it today.
The next owner, Sir Richard, survived his father only two years. His widow, to whom there is a fine monument at Somerby, presented to Humby Chapel, in 1683, a handsome set of plate for use in the Holy Communion"
DB 22 March 2019