"C13 coursed rubble tower in 2 stages with corner buttresses ... Spire replaced in C19 with saddle back plain tile roof"
Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 states :-
"The church of St. John the Baptist is a small building of stone, in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel and nave, both with clerestory, aisles, south porch and a western tower with saddle-back roof containing 3 bells:
the porch, south aisle and chancel are embattled, and ornamented with light buttresses and rich pinnacles:
the interior was restored and reseated in 1879 at a cost of £1,047 raised by subscription:
there are 162 sittings"
DB 25 March 2019