View looking east towards the chancel.
Well before the fire of 1962 which destroyed the chancel Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1919 described the church :-
"The church of All Saints is a building of stone, in the Early Norman and Early English styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles and lofty spire, containing a clock with two dials and 6 bells :
the chancel arch affords a very fine example of Early English work, the clerestory and roof are Perpendicular:
the chancel has triple sedilia, and a piscina of the Early English period and the tower a doorway of Norman date:
in the north aisle is a very fine monument to Sir Cecil Wray bart. d. May, 1736, and Dame Mary (Harrison), his wife, and there are others to the Vere and Bertie families :
a large vestry was erected in 1836 by the. Rev. Peregrine Curtois, rector from 1815:
the chancel was rebuilt in 1864 by the Rev. Atwill Curtois, then rector, who also executed the carved work at the top of the chancel screen; which has been adorned with finely-carved panels, the work of Miss Ellen Curtois :
the church was restored in 1875-6 under the superintendence of the late Sir George Gilbert Scott R.A. when the tower arch was opened and a new north aisle erected :
in 1895 the spire was restored and the four old bells, with two new bells, were rehung in new iron framing :
the stained east window is a memorial to Robert Smith esq. inserted by Eustace A. Smith esq. of Longhills:
during 1911-14 repairs were effected to the roof of the nave, south aisle and the tower stone work :
the church affords 450 sittings"
DB 1 December 2018