Bracebridge Heath, Aircraft Hangars
The Belfast Truss roof was a novel form of construction that used laminated wooden lattice-braced roof trusses to provide a large clear span which was (27 m here) to accommodate aircraft.
This site was originally the aerodrome of Robey & Co Ltd but it became No 4 Aircraft Acceptance Park.
In WWII AV Roe repaired damaged Lancaster bombers here and latterly it was used as a road haulage depot.
The hangars, which dated to 1916, were demolished in 2001.
Chris Lester, 2000
Bracebridge Heath, Belfast, Robey, aircraft, hangar, Roe,