Horncastle, Market Place
This undated (pre-1866) painting by E Roberts shows the Old Vicarage at the end of the Market Place with edge of the Punch House showing on the extreme left.
The Market Place contained a series of small shops and shacks, shown here on the right, which were cleared away in 1862.
This view shows (on the extreme right foreground) the north side of the High Street frontage leading into the Market Place.
Courtesy Pearl Wheatley
Horncastle, Market Place, E Roberts, painting, Punch House, Old Vicarage,